Summer is a great time to read! I hope we have many participants in our ALES summer reading program. Although I do love lending out books all year long, it is a singular pleasure to give books to students that they can keep forever. I wish you could see their joy and excitement!
Sunday, May 18, 2014
The Great Book Giveaway!
What fun to start this new blog with what I hope will become an end-of-year tradition at Anderson-Livsey Elementary School. Through the generosity of First Book, I've been collecting books, bit-by-bit, all year long. We finally have enough books to give one away to every student! I give them the book at the end of my presentation about the importance of summer reading. Just like a sport, the arts, or anything else we want to get better at, we have to practice reading to keep our skills fresh. Thank goodness that practicing reading is so much fun!
Summer is a great time to read! I hope we have many participants in our ALES summer reading program. Although I do love lending out books all year long, it is a singular pleasure to give books to students that they can keep forever. I wish you could see their joy and excitement!
Summer is a great time to read! I hope we have many participants in our ALES summer reading program. Although I do love lending out books all year long, it is a singular pleasure to give books to students that they can keep forever. I wish you could see their joy and excitement!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment